- Since 2019 I am working on NetBSD and its projects, mainly focusing on pkgsrc where I maintain additional software and port software to NetBSD.
- From 2015 to march 2021 I was the maintainer of gnurl, a specialized curl fork mainly used by gnunet and Taler.
- From 2015 to march 2021 I worked on gnunet as a member of GNUnet eV.
- From 2015 to 2019 I contributed over 500 patches to GNU Guix, with occasional patches after 2019.
elsewhere on the web
As an Open Sourcery developer, some of my work can be found at:
bugs found and other contributions (incomplete)
- Regression in perl 5.20 - 5.22.1: gethostent and similar functions now perform a null check internally, to avoid crashing with the torsocks library. This was a regression from Perl 5.22. perl #128740
- OrangeWebsite.com: detection of error in availability check in .space, .xyz, .pw, .zone, .site, .cx domains
repositories and other projects
Public repositories I participated in. I have tried to create a partial list of everything I’ve contributed to in the last years.
- As part of The NetBSD Foundation:
- GNU Guix - Functional package manager
- As part of GNUnet e.V., partial selection
- gnunet - GNUnet is a network protocol stack for building secure, distributed, and privacy-preserving applications. With strong roots in academic research, our goal is to replace the old insecure Internet protocol stack. This is the main implementation written in C.
- bibliography - Repository with our publications, the datastore currently used by gnunetbib.
- gnunet-ev - Association data by GNUnet e.V.
- gnunet-ext - Example extension in C for gnunet.
- gnunet-fuse - A fuse module for gnunet FS. Mount directories shared via gnunet FS.
- gnunet-gtk - GTK interface for gnunet
- libmicrohttpd, GSoC 2019
- www - Jinja2 framework powered website, build with www_shared which I wrote for Taler and GNUnet.
- www_shared - Mostly public-domain licensed/dedicated website generator using Jinja2. It mainly serves as a building block for taler.net and gnunet.org, including an rss/atom generator, news entry processing (‘blog’), and more.
- packaging, Gentoo:
- youbroketheinternet-overlay - Gentoo ebuilds I contributed to with other developers.
- As part of GNU Taler:
- build-common - Mostly public-domain licensed/dedicated GNU guidelines conforming configure script implementation, used by Taler SA software and (to some extent) in some GNUnet projects.
- taler-build-scripts - earlier version of build-common
- gnurl - Curl/libcurl fork used by Taler and GNUnet which I have maintained from 2015 to 2021.
- taler-util (pypi page)
- Various Contributions:
- Nift - cross-platform open source framework for managing and generating websites, written in C++. I maintained the pkgsrc package and contributed mainly portability fixes and build-system improvements.
- Go - The Go Programming language.
- OTP/Erlang - The Erlang programming language and the OTP libraries.
- Surfraw - Shell interface to some websites and search-engines.
- Nix - Functional package manager written in C++ and Nix. I contributed build-system portability fixes when I initially wanted to port it to pkgsrc and NetBSD/amd64.
- Gentoo - bugreports and ebuilds (some named, some unnamed)
Some of the repositories can be found in various states on GitHub.